Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Image RemovedImage Added

Ground was broken for Alumni Gymnasium on the same day that V. Raymond Edman was inaugurated as Wheaton's fourth president.  Assured that the alumni would underwrite the cost, plans proceeded quickly.  Steel for the building was procured just in time--a war-time freeze on its purchase went into effect the next day. The building was opened in 1942. In 1968 the building was renamed in honor of Edward A. Coray, then current Executive Secretary of the Alumni Association and long-time friend of many Wheatonites. The renovated gymnasium now serves as an assembly space for parties, lectures, and other events.